Leidos Occupational Safety Program Evaluator (Part-Time ) in Charleston, South Carolina
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a part-time contractor who will work as part of a team to conduct occupational safety program evaluations. The Candidate must be able to identify, analyze, and control occupational hazards and promote worksite and/or product safety by applying knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, psychology, physiology, and industrial health and safety laws. These locations may include all 50 states and territories. The audits will normally be conducted on a weekly basis, with travel possible on Sunday (rare) or Monday and travel back to home location on Friday. Work may comprise up to 15 weeks per year. Individual must be professional and courteous in a team environment and be able to work well under limited supervision. Individual must be able to follow specific, detailed procedures and be able to review work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
LOCATION: Near any major U.S. airport.
Conducting occupational safety audits of government and commercial facilities.
Using regulatory knowledge of Air Force and DoD occupational safety regulations, while conducting audits to ensure correct deficiencies are written.
Identifying both positive and negative findings of occupational safety-related operations.
Composing audit findings per client-driven media (database or other tool).
Having an understanding of Microsoft computer programs and database software.
Using teaching and directional tools to help educate and train personnel receiving the compliance audit.
Possessing an ability to clearly explain and brief findings to customers in a formal setting.
Perform quality assurance reviews and editing of written findings.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be a Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety or a related field (i.e., Occupational Health, Fire Science or Engineering) and possess a minimum of 15 years' experience.
• Must have prior AF/ANG/AFRC occupational safety experience.
• General knowledge of safety programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space, accident investigation/reporting/prevention, training, and facility inspections/assessments.
• Experience with OSHA and Air Force and Department of Defense safety regulations.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to exercise considerable independent judgment in conducting occupational safety audits, inspections, and related field activities.
• Previous experience conducting occupational safety audits with commercial and governmental agencies, specifically military branches. Candidate must be computer literate with a capability to work in a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.