Ingersoll Rand Project Manager - HVAC Equipment in CHARLESTON, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Project manager will closely interact with one or several Sales Engineers to ensure timely completion of each project. Manages all in-office aspects of equipment projects, from beginning to end, including validating the equipment selection, pricing, discounts, submittal and ordering processes with direct responsibility for project management.
- Works with and communicates with sales engineers on status of the projects they are bidding, submitting, ordering, and shipping
- Creation of preliminary proposal.
- Supports sales and develops preliminary and/or final submittals as required.
- Responsible for validating equipment selections prior to order entry.
- Responsible for entering equipment orders and issuing purchase orders for vendor equipment.
- Communicates project status reports to customers to ensure project runs smoothly and per customers’ expectations.
- Communicates with customers regarding shipping updates.
- Controls expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Generates work orders for equipment start-ups and coordinates with service dispatchers
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, and collections support
- Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
- Responsible for general administrative functions to support the sales and equipment fulfillment process.
- Manages receipt and distribution of installation operation and maintenance manuals (IOMs).
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology or construction management preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction including mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems and knowledge with the operation of HVAC systems, electrical systems and temperature controls is a plus.
- Knowledge reading/understanding blueprints and construction plans/ specifications, and experience with computer estimating software programs is a plus.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office software programs (i.e. Word, Excel) required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CHARLESTON-South Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 19, 2018, 6:56:43 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.