Terracon Construction Inspector I in Columbia, South Carolina
Perform inspection on construction projects of smaller scale with basic requirements or on larger projects limited to a specific area of expertise.
• Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
• Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
• Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
• Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
• Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the Project Manager.
• Draft inspection reports for review by senior inspector and/or Project Managers.
• May assist more senior inspectors on projects.
• Maintains equipment and calibration.
• Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
• Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
Knowledge & Skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology preferred.
• Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as an Engineering Technician or other applicable experience.
• 1 year experience in construction inspection preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
ACI certification in one or more of the following areas:
• Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I
• Concrete Strength Testing Technician
At least one or more certifications in the following areas:
• ICC certification (Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Soils).
• SCDOT certification (Asphalt Roadway Technician, Earthwork and Base Course Technician, Foundation Technician, or Concrete Technician.
• Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Construction Inspector I
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location):
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.