ManTech Certified Welder in Fort Hood, Texas
Certified Welder 3 researches, plans, designs and develops new applications for electro-mechanical equipment and systems. Reviews contractor's standards, specifications and other documentation to determine mechanical engineering requirements. Designs or reviews simple mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, ventilation and/or instrumentation systems using analytical and investigative methods and techniques to ensure systems meet required specifications. Gathers and correlates basic data and performs routine engineering research and development assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests in order to develop new applications or upgrade existing hardware. Guides and assists technicians in fabrication and installation of simple mechanical and related equipment and routine systems in order to ensure conformance of product and systems with engineering design and customer specifications. May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions or improve equipment or system function. May review and correct drawings to ensure that products are in accordance with proper engineering techniques and specifications. Tasks may require physical abilities.
*Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to *classified information. More Information: This job opening is just one of the many openings we have. For more information about ManTech, visit us at our web site www.mantech.com and click on CAREERS. ManTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are urged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Six (6) yrs. welding experience (e.g., MIG, TIG, ARC, etc.) with AWS D1.1 certification.
• Have institutional knowledge of electromechanical, mechanical, and pneumatic skills acquired through years of direct military or commercial support to maintain US proprietary low-density systems.
• Performs welding on ballistic hulls and metals, read blueprints and associated installation instructions, and perform assembly within specified tolerances.
• Proficient in the FCAW and SMAW processes. Provides design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed.
• Prepares instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
• For positions that require the application of welding skills, you will be required to validate your skills and abilities through a standardized testing and certification process. You must demonstrate your welding skills in accordance with applicable certification and testing per AWS DI.1 and ManTech Weld Procedures. If you are unable to successfully validate your welding skills, ManTech reserves the right to withdraw this offer or terminate your employment. If at anytime after your hire date, you are unable to perform the duties and tasks of the position for which you were hired, or to maintain contractually required specific welding certification, ManTech reserves the right to terminate your employment.
• Travel to hostile areas is required. Must be able to meet all government Individual Replacement Deployment Operations (IRDO) requirements for foreign travel into operational locations.
• Position requires moderate to lengthy travel to various US or OCONUS locations. We seek flexibility and willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South Central Asia. Some OCONUS deployments may be hostile ("war zone") environments.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
• Must be able to obtain an Visa prior to DEPLOYMENT
Security Requirements: Secret Security Clearance
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.