Army Installation Management Command Bowling Equipment Worker in Fort Jackson, South Carolina
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at the Century Lanes. Click here for hours of operation. NOTE: Duty hours and location are subject to change based on mission requirements.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs routine maintenance on mechanical and electrical bowling equipment, components and assemblies. Adjusts equipment in accordance with guidance provided by and identifies potential malfunctions to the Bowling Equipment Repairer.
- Assists the Bowling Equipment Repairer in making repairs, adjusting equipment and related duties.
- #### Job family (Series)
4819 Bowling Equipment Repairing
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must meet physical requirements of the position
- Be able to lift and carry large items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Possess work experience or training in the use of electrical test equipment and wiring diagrams.
- Be physically able to work for extended periods of time in cramped and awkward positions.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3434
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:? Electronically(preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). 10259135 Online applications must be submitted by 11:59PM (EST) on the day the announcement closes. Manually:If you would like to apply manually, an application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be delivered to the NAF Fort Jackson HR Office no later than 2:30 pm on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
DU-NAF-W6CCAA US ARMY GARRISON FT JACKSON DO NOT MAIL Fort Jackson, SC US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504906000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 07/12/2018 to 07/20/2018
Salary: $11.38 to $13.36 per hour New hires will receive step increases progressively starting with Step 1 at $11.38 and ending with Step 5 $13.36.
Pay scale & grade: NA 5
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent