Ingersoll Rand TRANE - HVAC Installation Technician - Greenville, SC in GREENVILLE, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for the installation, commissioning, diagnosis, and start-up of HVAC systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, air distribution, controls and mechanical layouts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for planning, analyzing and timely completion of assigned projects and activities.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, along with interpreting construction drawings, plans, and specifications, in order to mount, hang, fit, and install mechanical equipment and systems.
- Ability to install conduit and electrical wiring, terminate wiring, mount equipment, install refrigerant piping, braze fittings and connections, weld and fit chilled water and hot water piping, groove piping, and assist in rigging large equipment.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Prepares for on-site installation by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and documents to all related activities.
- Provides sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Interacts and communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Identifies equipment to order for installation, and assists in determining schedule of need.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of mechanical systems.
- Provides technical support to customers on assigned projects.
- Ability to display leadership qualities.
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Regular travel requirements with occasional overnight stays within the territory.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in HVAC/Installation; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Mechanical Contracting experience preferred.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, withno majoror frequenttraffic violationsincluding, but not limited to:
DUI in previous 5 years.
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: GREENVILLE-South Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 9, 2018, 4:32:54 PM