SC Department of Public Safety Trades Specialist V - HVAC (#010925) Leath Correctional (Women) Greenwood, (GREENWOOD) Level 2 in Greenwood County, South Carolina
- Develops HVAC maintenance and repair program throughout the facility.
- Supervises and completes HVAC maintenance, construction and renovation projects for assigned facility.
- Establishes on-call procedures to respond to emergency maintenance and repair calls and assures the work is promptly and properly performed.
- Determines requirements for HVAC supplies and equipment.
- Prepares justification for supplies and equipment and submits purchase requisitions.
- Remains abreast of new HVAC/refrigeration techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Recommends the procurement of and assists in supervising the installation of new equipment.
- Confers with supervisor and departmental maintenance personnel and makes recommendations pertaining to overall maintenance policies and operation procedures.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and three (3) years extensive working knowledge of principles and techniques of general maintenance and repairs to heating/ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration systems, building control systems, steam and hot water boilers and heat exchangers. Must be EPA universal certified for refrigeration systems or obtain within six (6) months. Must attend four (4) weeks of basic SCDC training. Resume, license(s) and certification(s) must be submitted to be considered for position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $35,523.00 - $45,869.00 Annually
Location: Greenwood County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 010925
Closing: 1/17/2019 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: KC50
Position Number: 010925
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday - Friday (7:30 AM- 3:30 PM) Hours/Week: 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule: 02
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $35,523.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $45,869.00
Opening Date: 12/06/2018
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: This position is recruited through NEOGOV only, candidates must apply online via the State of South Carolina Jobs website, www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210