WindStream Communications Buried Drop Technicians in Inman, South Carolina
/"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”/
About the Role:
Windstream is a leading telecommunications company that connects homeowners, small businesses, enterprise business and carrier partners across the United States.**
As a Windstream technician working on the buried drop team, you will perform the physical installation of buried copper, fiber, and coaxial cable from the network hub to the customers’ residence.
Our team of Buried Drop Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform the physical installation of buried copper, fiber & coaxial drop cable to connect Windstream’s network to the customers’ residence.
- Use your technical expertise and customer focus to create meaningful connections with customers.
- Interpret work drawings and instructions and complete necessary paperwork.
- Sell and promote Windstream products and services.
- Train new employees on daily job functions.
- Operate hand-held computer for retrieving and clearing job tasks.
- Operate machinery including trenching and boring equipment for burying cable.
Do You Have?
- The ability to walk ½ mile while operating following a drop plow that places service cable.
- Ability to work the schedule including overtime, callouts, and standby as needed.
- Basic technology and math skills.
- Ability to distinguish colors present in color-coded cable.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to successfully complete required training, including overnight travel out-of-state.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical.
*Our Benefits: * https://windstreambenefits.com
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Inman
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 21000667
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.