Leidos Director, Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality in JACKSON, South Carolina
Director, ESH&Q, DOE Savannah River, South Carolina
The Director, ESH&Q will advise and assist the Program Manager in the assessment, development, implementation and management of facility Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality requirements and programs compliance. The selected candidate will ensure the ESH&Q Program and associated activities satisfy applicable Federal, DOE and state environmental regulations. The Director, ESH&Q will implement safety principles for planning and execution of environmental tasks site-wide. The Director, ESH&Q will coordinate all required oversight and support activities through the Government’s ESH&Q Point of Contact (POC).
• systematic assessment of site conditions and contract requirements, and the determination of applicable rules and/or regulations, U.S. Federal (i.e., EPA, OSHA, DOE) and state industry consensus standards
• development of a comprehensive and integrated ESH&Q Management System based upon a continuous improvement type model such as ISO 9001/14001 and OHSAS 18001 incorporating the areas of ESH&Q Policy development, assessment and ESH&Q planning, implementation and operation, checking and corrective action and an effective management review process to determine the suitability and effectiveness of the management system
• provide ESH&Q staffing as required to ensure compliance with the project Performance Work Statement
• manage all ESH&Q personnel in the performance of all work activities, including regular and non-routine work assignments and responsibilities
• oversight of work quality and efficiency
• establishment of performance improvement requirements as necessary
• establish, make provisions for, and maintain the ESH&Q technical proficiencies of all department personnel
• ensure the ESH&Q department is conducting scheduled environmental compliance & safety audits and inspections of facilities
• ensures ESH&Q compliance records are organized and maintained per applicable regulations; periodic reporting of audit results (including non-compliance) to the Program Manager and Government’s ESH&Q Point of Contact
• establish, maintain and report leading and lagging performance indicator metrics to Program Manager Government’s ESH&Q Point of Contact
• ensure the effective coordination of environmental compliance sampling/testing as required by applicable permits and regulations, including external laboratories relative to sampling protocol(s) and chain of custody
• at the direction of an authorized Government’s Point of Contact, report environmental non-compliance notifications to the appropriate agencies
• maintaining all required documentation and records
• manage the development, implementation and monitoring the programs’ waste reduction efforts and additional duties as assigned by the Program Manager or the Government’s ESH&Q Point of Contact
• U.S. citizenship is required
• Position requires a Security Clearance at the Q or TS/SCI required
• Must have a knowledge of US Federal (EPA), DOE and state environmental regulations and reporting procedures for environmental and safety, including but not limited to RCRA, CAA, CWA, TSCA, OSHA.
• Proficiency with MS Office and other software tools required.
• Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• BS in Environmental Engineering (or Management), Safety and Occupational Health or similar field of study required
• 10 years of direct DOE or NNSA experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills are required
• Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications are required
• Some travel may be required.
• Additional experience in general industry, government services and/or construction preferred
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.