SC Department of Public Safety Trades Specialist V (#018905) Ridgeland Correctional Institute, Ridgeland (JASPER) Level 2 in Jasper County, South Carolina
- Supervises and assists in the performance of maintenance and preventative maintenance of electrical fire alarms, CCTV, electronic security, pa, intercom, and high voltage distribution systems and equipment.
- Reads blueprints and wiring diagrams and makes material take-offs.
- Requisitions materials and parts needed.
- Ensures completion of installation/repairs.
- Makes emergency repairs to electrical system and equipment.
- Performs on-the-job training of inmates.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
In order to apply for positions with the SC Department of Corrections (SCDC), you will be redirected to that Agency's website in order to complete the SCDC Application (No other applications will be accepted). Users registered with jobs.sc.gov cannot use the SCDC application to apply for positions located at other State Agencies. Click the below listed link to access the SCDC Employment Application:
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements: A high school diploma and two (2) years extensive working knowledge of the principles and techniques of electronic/electrical systems including high and low voltage, security systems, CCTV, fire alarms, etc. *Resume, License(s) and certification(s) must be submitted to be considered for position. *
*Resume, License(s) and certification(s) must be submitted to be considered for position. *
Job Title: Trades Specialist V (#018905) Ridgeland Correctional Institute, Ridgeland (JASPER) Level 2
Agency: Department of Corrections
Opening Date: Fri. 06/08/18
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 07/13/18 4:30 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: $34,157.00 - $44,112.00 annually
Agency Hiring Range: Min: 34,157 Max:44,112
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: Jasper County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: Hours/Week: 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule : 02 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday ( 7:30AM - 3:30PM)