SC Department of Public Safety Trades Specialist V (#011388) Lee Correctional Institution, Bishopville(LEE) Level 3 in Lee County, South Carolina
- Supervises and assists in the performance of maintenance and preventive maintenance of electrical fire alarms, cctv, electronic security, pa, intercom & high voltage distribution systems, emergency generators & equipment.
- Plans electrical work including repairs to high voltage equipment and systems. reads blueprints and wiring diagrams and makes take-offs.
- Requisitions materials & parts needed.
- Ensures completion of installation/repairs.
- Makes emergency repairs to electrical system and equipment.
- Performs on-the-job training of inmates.
In order to apply for positions with the SC Department of Corrections (SCDC), you will be redirected to that Agency's website in order to complete the SCDC Application (No other applications will be accepted). Users registered with jobs.sc.gov cannot use the SCDC application to apply for positions located at other State Agencies. Click the below listed link to access the SCDC Employment Application:* *
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.state.sc.us
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
High school diploma and three (3) years of extensive working knowledge of the principles and techniques of electronic/electrical systems including high and low voltage and general maintenance and repairs.
Resume, License(s) and Certification(s) must be submitted to be considered for position.
Must attend four (4) weeks of Basic Training.
Job Title: Trades Specialist V (#011388) Lee Correctional Institution, Bishopville(LEE) Level 3
Agency: Department of Corrections
Opening Date: Fri. 07/06/18
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 08/03/18 4:30 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: $35,523.00 - $45,869.00 annually
Agency Hiring Range: Min: 35,523.00 Max:45,869.00
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: Lee County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: Hours/Week: 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule: 02 Monday-Friday ( 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM)