Wolf Creek Federal Services Electronics Technician I in NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The role of the Electronics Technician I is to provide day-to-day integration and installation support for a variety of RF, audio, video, navigation, and communication systems. This position reports to the AV supervisor.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Working with SPAWAR ISEAs and other technical codes, program/project managers, and SMEs, the ET1 will assist with the installation and integration of complex audio visual displays, various communication and electronic warfare systems, related ancillary and computer based systems onboard naval ships and command centers worldwide.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have a Secret clearance
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an ET
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must have extensive experience in cableway work
- Must have High School diploma
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% CONUS/OCONUS
- Must be willing to work extended hours including weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; will be required to submit a DMV report
- Must have the ability to obtain a passport.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial, especially while on travel.
- Experience in reading installation drawings
- Experience in high-end audio-visual equipment/video walls and similar
- Current Passport
- Current Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) certs a plus
- Knowledge of DOD DATA centers
- Electronic Technicians Association (ETA) Certified Fiber Optic Installer
- ETA Certified Fiber Optic Designer
- Wireless network (802.11b/g/a/n, WLAN/WWAN/WMAN) survey/deployment/support experience is a plus
- Air Magnet experience is also a plus
Primary Location: US-South Carolina-NORTH CHARLESTON
Other Locations: US-Virginia-CHESAPEAKE
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 6
Job Number: SC010032
Req ID: SC010032