Ingersoll Rand HVAC Technician Team Leader in NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina
WE'RE HIRING & GROWING IN CHARLESTON!! Come advance your career with an industry leader!
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVACTechnician Team Leaders:
- Traneis recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building ControlsSystems
- Highlycompetitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cashcompensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicatedto a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimitedopportunities for career development and promotions
- Determinedfocus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the companywhere everyone wants to work)
- WorldClass continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-widecommitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizationalencouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Latemodel, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smartphone
The Team Leaderoversees multiple HVAC Field Technicians and works closely with the AreaService Manager and Sales teams to drive growth and profitability in theCommercial and Industrial HVAC business. The Team Leader also assists in the development and implementation ofbusiness strategy in the local market. Otheractivities include participation in implementation of yearly trainingschedules, performing safety audits, scheduling jobs, and projectmanagement. In addition to leadership responsibility,the Team Leader performs hands-on HVAC service and maintenance as necessary toservice Trane customers. Otherresponsibilities include:
- Responsiblefor end to end testing, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assignedprojects.
- Representsthe company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible forservicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customersatisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment andsystems at customer locations.
- Coordinateswith customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installationand repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues,gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Usescutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools,following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repairunits.
- Continuallyenforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security andaccountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear andconditions.
- Displaysteam effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to workovertime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnightstays.
- Assistswith scheduling of Technician team.
- Alongwith the Area Service Manager, owns Customer Satisfaction for the local market.
- AHigh School Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of 5 years of experience in HVAC or equivalent combination ofeducation (Technical School) and experience is preferred.
- Experiencein leading a team of technicians is preferred.
- Operatingknowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand heldcomputer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- ValidDriver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s inprevious 5 years.
- EPACertification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installeretc.).
- Thisposition requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanicalequipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extremeweather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (highvoltage).
- Thisposition is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking,stooping, and kneeling. It requiresemployees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and ormove up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: NORTH CHARLESTON-South Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 11, 2018, 9:58:55 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.