SC Department of Public Safety HVAC/ Energy Management System Tech I-60018583 in Richland County, South Carolina
The SC Department of Administration has an immediate opening in the Division of Facilities Management and Property Services for a HVAC/ Energy Management Technician I. This position will function under general supervision of the team supervisor with the responsibility of providing building maintenance services in order to efficiently and effectively repair and maintain Facilities Maintenance (FM) owned and contracted buildings. Other responsibilities include:
- Planning for, implementing and completing, individually or as part of a team, assigned maintenance and/or repair and renovation of HVAC tasks professionally, efficiently, effectively and safely in order to minimize unexpected and premature equipment failures in accordance with established policies, procedures and good work practices.
- Ensuring Facilities Maintenance owned, and contracted buildings are in safe working order and compliant with codes and regulations.
- Assisting with maintenance, repair and renovation tasks of other various trades, individually or as a part of a team, in order to complete assigned tasks in a professional, effective and safe manner in accordance with established policies, procedures and good work practices.
- Completing daily time sheets and records regarding assigned tasks to document work order number, time worked, location of work, supplies and materials used and detailed description of the work completed including the resolutions of the task to ensure that accurate records are maintained documenting utilization of time and materials.
- Identifying, recommending and requesting equipment, material, supplies and training needed to ensure that necessary resources are available to complete work tasks and to improve efficiency, effectiveness and safety in completing assigned tasks.
- Offering guidance, promoting teamwork and cooperation and working to resolve challenges.
- Analyzing building HVAC equipment and recommend modifications to achieve better operation and energy savings.
- Performing other duties as assigned, to include disaster assistance, in order to endure the success of facilities management mission and compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Minimum and Additional Requirements
*Minimum Requirements: *A high school diploma or equivalent and experience in the installation, repair or maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration systems or in the operation and maintenance of HVAC mechanical and building control systems; experience in the installation, repair or maintenance of building systems (general building maintained). An approved equivalence by the Division of State Human Resources (DSHR) is also acceptable.
*Additional Requirements: * Knowledge_ of commercial HVAC and general maintenance codes, including HVAC electricity (ohms, amps, basic writing diagrams and symbols, control circuits, schematics.) Knowledge of refrigeration, including heat transfer, refrigeration components and tool, operations of compressors, troubleshooting and replacement. Knowledge of heat pump service, including heat pump cycle, components, troubleshooting, sub-cooling, superheat and pump charts. Knowledge of trade safety practices and building operating systems. Skilled in making emergency repairs, adjustments to trade equipment and troubleshooting DDCs. Basic computer skills. Ability to comprehend blueprints, plans, specs and equipment manufacturer's technical bulletins. Ability to maintain accurate records for time, materials and services provided. Must possess a valid Class "D" SC Driver's license. _Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application will be required to bring a copy of college transcript to the interview. A copy of the transcript may also be uploaded as an attachment to the application, if required by the hiring department or if desired by the applicant. Please note that some areas of the Department may require an official, certified copy of the transcript prior to hiring or within a specific timeframe required by that area, after hiring. Failure to produce an official, certified transcript may result in not being hired or termination.
EPA Certification preferred.
The Department of Administration is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $33,494.00 - $61,975.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 107046
Closing: 3/16/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Please Apply Online
Class Code: KC23
Position Number: 60018583
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday - Friday (8:00 AM-4:30 PM)
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $33,494.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $47,734.00
Opening Date: 11/10/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Administration
Address: 1200 Senate Street Columbia, South Carolina, 29201