SC Department of Public Safety IT Technician II (Position #011797) Network and Telecommunications, Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina
- Perform the installations, moves, and changes of data and telecommunications equipment to include: establish continuity via a cable or wiring path; read blueprints and wiring diagrams to determine material and equipment needs; assists users in the proper operation of computers and peripheral equipment; ensure the completion of assigned installation and repair jobs daily.
- Perform emergency repairs to damaged data circuits/telecommunications cables.
- Troubleshoot equipment/systems to locate and ensure prompt repairs.
- Determine the nature of problem; test, repair and maintain equipment and communications circuit and line problems.
- Replace equipment.
- Maintain required materials and equipment.
- Follow established inventory control procedures for assigned data communications equipment.
- Prepare and submit all required reports in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of SC minimum requirements: A high school diploma and experience in information technology, electronics technology systems, or other related areas. An associate's degree or bachelor's degree in a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
(or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements: One (1) year experience in design and implementation of telecommunications systems. Knowledge of data communications equipment maintenance, repair, modification, design, circuitry and testing equipment. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license.
Candidates must submit resume to be considered for this position.
This position must be applied for On-Line via this website
This is an Until Filled position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $38,422.00 - $49,591.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 011797
Agency Specific Application Procedures: See below.
Class Code: AM71
Position Number: 011797
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday-Friday (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $38,422.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $49,591.00
Opening Date: 09/07/2017
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210