SC Department of Public Safety Trades Specialist V (#011118) Manning Reentry/Work Release Center, Columbia (RICHLAND)Level 1 in Richland County, South Carolina
- Develops preventive maintenance and repair program throughout facility for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Establishes on-call procedures and responds to calls.
- Determines requirements for preventive maintenance and repair supplies and Equipment.
- Prepares justification for and requisitions supplies/ equipment.
- Remains abreast of new techniques/procedures/equipment in functional area and recommends the procurement of and assists in supervising the installation of new equipment.
- Work involves overtime and 24-hour on-call responsibilities for emergency repairs.
_ In order to apply for positions with the SC Department of Corrections (SCDC), you will be redirected to that Agency's website in order to complete the SCDC Application (No other applications will be accepted). Users registered with jobs.sc.gov cannot use the SCDC application to apply for positions located at other State Agencies. Click the below listed link to access the SCDC Employment Application: _
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
*State of South Carolina minimum requirements: *
A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the division of state Human resources).
SCDC minimum requirements: A high school diploma and five (5) years experience in installation and/or repairs of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration systems. Must be EPA Universal Certified.
Work involves overtime and 24-Hour on-call responsibilities for emergency repairs. Resume, License(s) and Certification(s) must be submitted to be considered for position.
Must attend four (4) weeks Basic Training.
Job Title: Trades Specialist V (#011118) Manning Reentry/Work Release Center, Columbia (RICHLAND)Level 1
Agency: Department of Corrections
Opening Date: Fri. 07/06/18
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 08/03/18 4:30 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: $34,157.00 - $44,112.00 annually
Agency Hiring Range: Min: 34,157 Max:44,112
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: Richland County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: HOURS/WEEKLY: 37.50 SHIFT SCHEDULE: 02 WORK TIME: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM