Salient CRGT OCC SATCOM Technician III in Shaw AFB, South Carolina
Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity?
Join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented minds within our Enterprise Technology and Innovation teams.As a Salient CRGT employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation’s most critical missions.
Why Salient CRGT ?
We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
The successful candidate will lead a 24/7 team of SATCOM technicians at Shaw AFB, SC operating and controlling SATCOM terminals across the CENTCOM AOR for CTSS IV. The candiate will be responsible for Remote Transponder Spectrum Monitoring (RTSM), terminal monitor and control, terminal performance monitoring activities, Hazardous Condition (HAZCON) reporting and resolution, and terminal maintenance status. The candidate shall have operational control of the deployed terminal operations IAW applicable directives or instructions. The candiate will interface with AFCENT's Cyber Coordination Center, deployed SATCOM technicians, and network technicians.
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
• Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of satellite systems. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
• Experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
• 2 years of experience operating a remote SATCOM operational control center
• Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level experience working with Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) or Commercial Satellite Communications (COMSATCOM) Terminals as specified in the task order to include:
X, C, KA, Ku-band Satellite Terminals
FDMA, TDMA, IP Type satellite modems
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
- Knowledge and experience using CodeMettle in support of remote SATCOM operations
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?for general consideration.
Job Location(s) US-SC-Shaw AFB
Job ID 2020-9802
LCAT Telecommunications Engineer 4
Work Status Full-Time Regular