SC Department of Public Safety Electrician (#012473) Tyger River Correctional Institution, Enoree (SPARTANBURG) Level 2 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina
- Supervise and assist in the performance of maintenance and preventative maintenance of electrical fire alarms, CCTV, electronic security, PA, intercom and high voltage distribution systems,emergency generators and equipment.
- Plans electrical work including repairs to high voltage equipment and systems.
- Read blueprints and wiring diagrams and make material take-offs.
- Requisition materials and parts needed.
- Ensure completion of installation and repairs.
- Make emergency repairs to electrical system and equipment.
- Perform on-the-job training of inmates.
- Requires cross-training in other areas of the maintenance field to include: HVAC, Plumbing, General Maintenance, Wastewater treatment and water distribution.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Must successfully complete four (4) weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
- Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:*
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- Two (2) years of working knowledge of principles and techniques of electrical systems, including high and low voltage and general maintenance repairs.
Resume, license(s) and certification(s) should be submitted with application to be considered for position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $34,840.00 - $44,994.00 Annually
Location: Spartanburg County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 012473
Closing: 10/16/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: KC12
Position Number: 012473
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $34,840.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $44,994.00
Opening Date: 09/16/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; Candidates must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Hours/Week: 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule: 02 Work Time: Monday - Friday (7:30AM - 3:30PM)
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210